... that you can develop a stress-induced allergy? Apparently.
For the last month or so, my left eye has been giving me the ol' one-two punch and making me wish I'd never put my contact in there... every single day. So, I finally sucked it up and went to the eye doctor on a whim yesterday. I thought he'd tell me I had a scratch on my eye, wear my glasses for a week, give me some drops and I'd be on my merry little way. Not. Even. Close.
I oh-so-innocently walk into his office and sit down. Make the small talk. Explain the situation. Smile and nod appropriately. Then, before I know it, he's coming after me with tweezers & pulling eyelashes OUT OF MY FACE. Multiple ones. From the corner of my eye. No, I don't like those there either but if I were able to put them out regularly, I WOULD HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT.
The fun didn't stop there. Next thing I know, he's got this bright red dye stuff and he's squirting it all over my eyeball. All while I wear a pristine white shirt, but that's beside the point... that red dye HURT. So as I'm basically blinded and my eye is stripped from all its eyelash-related dignity, he takes a q-tip and flips my eyelid inside out. INSIDE OUT. As in, parts that have never seen the outside world are just hanging out there for everybody and their dog to take a gander at.
At this point, I almost blacked out. Somewhere in there, he took his happy little q-tip and started poking around. Something about seeing 'fibers' or some bs. Personally, I think he enjoyed this WAY too much. Finally, he puts my eyelid back the way my momma intended it to be and said, "Well, there's nothing more than a few fibers and a little bit of extra mucus in there." I nearly lunged at that man's jugular. But before I could, he took this bottle of mystery liquid and 'flushed' my eye out... and it honest to God looked like I'd take a shower in there as I walked out.
So, one ridiculously tiny bottle & $45 hard earned dollars later, I now get to put one happy little drop of whatever the heck Alcon concocted into my eye every morning. All because (apparently) the stress of the wedding has caused some chemical change in my body that's making my left eye hate me.
Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Um, OW. That is all I have to say.
ReplyDelete