Do you ever feel like you're meant to do something great... but whatever that 'something great' is, you're just not doing it? I'm back in that zone again. (This would be the second time in my life.) The first time I felt this way, I was trying to decide between law school and business school. Either decision meant I was out of my rut and onto what I could (at the time) only consider greatness. I had this preconceived notion that regardless of the school path I chose, I was headed toward 'it.' I'd never have another care in the world. HA! Cute, right?
Alas, fast forward 4+ years and here I am again. Except this time, I'm more intelligent, more mature, more grounded and less likely to get it wrong. (I am all of these things now, right?) Combine this with my insatiable desire to be creative and what we have here is a lethal combination of anxiety and inability to concentrate at work each day. And to be quite honest, it's getting annoying.
Fortunately, I've put together a master plan to satisfy my lack of 'greatness' or whatever the heck it is. I'm excited to jump in head first. My inability to pull the trigger, be damned. Who's to say now's the right time? Who's to say it'll EVER be the right time? I believe the world is full of people who walk around everyday thinking, "What if...." to themselves because they, too, never pulled the trigger. It's sad, if you think about it. There are so few people out there who truly feel fulfilled and HAPPY with their lives. I plan on being one of those few.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i hear ya, sister.
ReplyDeletei want to see that master plan!